Does your purpose provide certainty?
Purpose can provide certainty, and give you a reason to get up in the morning – Paul Dunn.
My conversation with Paul, which has become one of many I’m very honoured to say, has to date been one of the most definitive on the subject of Purpose.
On my own journey with purpose, this question has been the benchmark which has provided the most beneficial reflection – Does my purpose give me certainty?
If the answer is yes, then I know I’m on the right track, and I can continue to set out my aligned vision, mission, values, actions and ideas in pursuit of my defined purpose.
If the answer is no, then it’s time to review my purpose. I invite you this week to consider this – does your purpose give you certainty?
If considering that question is helpful, you may find some further benefit in asking yourself these variations;
- Does your purpose create value?
- Does your purpose empower your team?
- Does your purpose enable you to set meaningful goals?
- Does your purpose improve the lives of others?
- Does your purpose propel your success?
- Does your purpose make the world better?
- Does your purpose reflect your intentions?
- Does your purpose align with your values?
As always, I hope this article will provide some stimulation, and may even help propel you a little further along the path of purpose.